From: "David M. Fellows" <dmf@××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, smurfd <smurfd@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package updated rss feed not working
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 18:27:06
1 >Lets try this again, 1st mail did not seem to get through?!
4 It got through to my part of tyhe world.
7 >On 2021-01-30 11:29, smurfd wrote:
8 >> hey
9 >>
10 >> since a while back the rss feed :
11 >> https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/updated.atom
12 >>
13 >> is not working. today i looked into it, i get : 429 Too Many
14 >> Requests   if i go to that page.
15 >>
16 >> just fyi
17 >>
18 >> br smurfd
19 >>
20 A visit to https://infra-status.gentoo.org
21 reveals the following information:
22
23 packages.gentoo.org Atom feeds broken.
24
25 packages.gentoo.org is having some performance problems. We believe the
26 root cause is Atom feeds causing expensive queries and we have disabled
27 the feeds. If you experience a 429 error, it is likely due to this service
28 change. We are working on resolving this; but it may be a few weeks.
29 Fri, 01 Jan 2021 00:00:00 GMT
30 No ETA for service recovery available.
31
32 DaveF