From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] su in konsole takes much longer to complete in KDE 4.5.1
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:06:42
1 On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 11:53:34PM +0200, Thomas Drueke wrote:
2 > Thanks for hints, but no luck so far.
3 >
4 > Yohan, using xterm instead of konsole results in the same delay.
5
6 To rule some other things out, you could also try:
7 unset DISPLAY
8 su -
9
10 DISPLAY is one of the differences between a text konsole and anything
11 under X... Might be that some bashrc/profile script tries to do
12 something with X if it sees DISPLAY, but isn't able to connect to X under
13 root... (maybe some xauth stuff..)
14
15 yoyo
18 > Alan, hosts contains the hostname (FQDN) for eth0 and also alocalhost
19 > entry. Plus wireshark didn't show any network traffic during the delay
20 > (for both eth0 and lo).
21 >
22 > Is there any of the new services from KDE 4 which requires some
23 > configuration concerning DNS or similar network services ?
24 >
25 > Regards,
26 > Thomas
27 >