From: Thomas Drueke <tdrueke@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] su in konsole takes much longer to complete in KDE 4.5.1
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:54:23
1 Thanks for hints, but no luck so far.
2
3 Yohan, using xterm instead of konsole results in the same delay.
4
5 Alan, hosts contains the hostname (FQDN) for eth0 and also alocalhost
6 entry. Plus wireshark didn't show any network traffic during the delay
7 (for both eth0 and lo).
8
9 Is there any of the new services from KDE 4 which requires some
10 configuration concerning DNS or similar network services ?
11
12 Regards,
13 Thomas
14