From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RFC: Implementing a spamfiltering frontend
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 14:30:27
1 >> so unless you need to perform complex
2 >> mail routing you could directly send the filtered mail to the windows
3 >> server.
4
5 > Hmm... interesting points. But can it still do the 2nd part of the
6 > equation, that is, perform outgoing routing?
7
8 That's what I meant with "complex mail routing" :)
9
10 The problem with having two passes through postfix in the mail routing
11 chain is that you either run two separate postfix instances with
12 independent configurations or you have to figure out a robust way to
13 avoid loops.
14
15 It can be done, it's just more difficult :)
16
17 > Of course I can have postfix to skip amavisd for outgoing emails, but
18 > then I guess I'll lose amavisd's automated whitelisting (the so-called
19 > 'pen pal' feature).
20
21 True. In my case that's not really a problem as we only have amavisd add
22 a "spam level" header to messages; actually deleting spam is left to the
23 clients, and most clients that support user-configurable spam policies
24 and rulesets can do some sort of address whitelisting.
25
26 andrea