From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot see Grub menu
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:33:21
1 On Monday 13 Aug 2012 18:46:22 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 06:14:11PM -0500, Dale wrote:
3
4 > > Just a thought. Could it be that the text and the background is the
5 > > same color? If you put white text on a white background, all you see is
6 > > white which looks blank, empty or whatever you want to call it.
7 >
8 > No, because the original text “Loading Grub from Harddisk” and “Loading
9 > stage 1.5” don’t disappear. But you know what -- I just tested again in
10 > qemu (to read the text output so that I can write it here). And lo!, the
11 > menu finally appeared. Let’s see then what the next reboot will bring.
12
13 What, without changing anything in your system? O_o
14
15 Could it be a hardware problem then?
16 --
17 Regards,