From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot see Grub menu
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:49:22
1 On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 06:14:11PM -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > >> I have always used GRUB splashimage without genkernel and without anything
4 > >> special to get it going other than the correct path in /boot/grub/grub.conf;
5 > >> e.g.
6 > >>
7 > >> default 0
8 > >> timeout 30
9 > >> splashimage=(hd0,9)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
10 > > That's the way I used to too also. Very strange this all...
13 > Just a thought. Could it be that the text and the background is the
14 > same color? If you put white text on a white background, all you see is
15 > white which looks blank, empty or whatever you want to call it.
16
17 No, because the original text “Loading Grub from Harddisk” and “Loading stage
18 1.5” don’t disappear. But you know what -- I just tested again in qemu (to
19 read the text output so that I can write it here). And lo!, the menu finally
20 appeared. Let’s see then what the next reboot will bring.
21 --
22 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
23 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
24
25 The duration of a minute is relative.
26 It depends on the side of the toilet door you are standing on.