From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wireless DHCP takes over resolv.conf
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:29:51
1 On 2016-07-11, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > why don't you go with the dns server addresses supplied by each
4 > network's dhcp? Presumably the admin put them their because they
5 > work on that network.
6
7 One might think that, but I find it often not to be the case. I can
8 recall many networks where the DNS servers returned by the DHCP server
9 didn't work well at all, and things got a _lot_ better when I manually
10 configured a couple working DNS servers (e.g. the Google ones at
11 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). Around here, Comcast's DNS servers are famously
12 bad.
15 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Hey, waiter! I want
16 at a NEW SHIRT and a PONY TAIL
17 gmail.com with lemon sauce!