From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ntp large drift (frequency error, frequent time resets)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 18:07:04
1 Am Montag 26 Oktober 2009 16:23:11 schrieb Jil Larner:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Alexander Puchmayr a écrit :
5 > > I think I have a problem with the system time, which is considerable too
6 > > slow. It looses about 3 seconds every 20 minutes (i.e. ~10 secs/hour or 4
7 > > minutes per day). This seems to be too much for ntp to compensate.
8 >
9 > Is it physical or virtual environment? If virtual, clock issues are
10 > common and, in case of VMWare, their tools handle them because ntp
11 > cannot. Still, never use a virtual machine as a time reference.
12 >
13 > If it's physical, my two cents are clueless. Maybe you wish to reduce
14 > the frequency of the clock; I know it's a kernel parameter, but don't
15 > remember which one.
18 Its a physical environment, although the server has some KVMs running.
19
20 Greetings,
21 Alex