From: Zac Slade <krakrjak@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] <OT> The Real Darkside...
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 03:14:57
1 On Saturday 09 September 2006 20:21, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:03:58 -0400
3 > By the time he went to bed it was running and he'd been on the net using
4 > firefox and checked that runescape (online java game) worked. By the
5 > time I got up this morning he was setting up his RSS feeds in kontact
6 > and configuring various other bits.
7 Heck yeah! If everyone knew about Kontact....... I demo it and KStars every
8 chance I get.
9
10 > Pretty good I thought. Not sure whether it says something about Miles,
11 > or about SuSE's ease of installation (probably both). He has used linux
12 > before, and is pretty computer literate (gaining a "High Distinction"
13 > in an international exam, batting against kids 2 years older), but
14 > neither those exams nor school do much to prepare you for installing a
15 > different OS.
16 We've come a long way in the last 6 years. I think even further than the
17 proceeding years. Suse 10.1 is really a landmark. I say that from my Gentoo
18 installation, but they really did something right with that release.
19 --
20 Zac Slade
21 krakrjak@××××××××××.net
22 ICQ:1415282 YM:krakrjak AIM:ttyp99