From: Brad Camroux <bgcamroux@××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo and WindowMaker
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 14:35:23
1 On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 03:24:12PM +0200, Robert Cernansky wrote:
2 > On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:55:53 -0600 Brad Camroux <bgcamroux@××××.ca> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Does anyone have any ideas about configuring WindowMaker to work on
5 > > Gentoo? I know lots of people have done it, but nobody seems to
6 > > write a detailed account of how.
7 >
8 > [Do not use 'reply' when you are posting a new message, please.]
9
10 Sorry... I must have hit the wrong key :(
11
12 > No extra configuring is needed to run WindowMaker. Just to choose
13 > 'GNUStep WindowMaker' session in your display manager (kdm, gdm) and
14 > login.
15
16 How can I get the option 'GNUStep WindowMaker' to appear in my kdm login
17 session list? All I have are: 'default', 'custom', 'fluxbox', and 'failsafe'.
18 But I can't seem to find anywhere to change this, and selecting 'custom'
19 or 'default' just crashes and returns to the kdm login screen.
20
21 > It seem that in your case wmaker is crashing or so. Try to remove
22 > GNUstep directory from your home. If it does not help, look into the
23 > file ~/.xsession-errors if there is some error.
24
25 I have removed ~/GNUstep, and still it doesn't work. Here's a listing of
26 my ~/.xsession-errors after a login attempt. It's very short.
27
28 ====
29 Failed to read: session.styleOverlay
30 Setting default value
31 BScreen::BScreen: managing screen 0 using visual 0x21, depth 24
32 Failed to read: session.styleOverlay
33 Setting default value
34 Failed to read: session.styleOverlay
35 Setting default value
36 Idesk starting in :0.0
37 [idesk] Background's file not found.
38 [idesk] Background's source not found.
39 No running windows found
40 Failed to read: session.screen0.titlebar.left
41 Setting default value
42 Failed to read: session.screen0.titlebar.right
43 Setting default value
44 ====
45
46 Thanks,