From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: whats a good laptop for gentoo these days?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 17:06:05
1 On Sunday, 9 January 2022 13:47:19 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
2
3 > I'm looking at the NyX 15 AMD v2 for me, I want AMD and don't want more
4 > than a 15" screen. I've had a 17" - it's too big for a laptop. Luggable,
5 > maybe ... :-)
6
7 I'm looking at their Gemini 17", which you've found is too big. In my case,
8 portability is less important than a big screen for my slowly, inexorably
9 deteriorating vision (glaucoma, in case you were wondering). This workstation
10 has a 27" curved screen at 1920x1020, which is very fine but it's upstairs :)
11
12 The laptop may also stand in as a sort of superior tablet, especially if I can
13 find a Kindle program to read books on it. I've seen the Kindle Cloud Reader
14 suggested, but it may not be usable with all titles. Or I could boot Windows
15 just for that purpose - I think I have a disc here somewhere...
18 Regards,
19 Peter.