From: Nilesh Govindarajan <contact@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where's the examples?????
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:48:06
1 On Sun 01 Jan 2012 08:12:30 PM IST, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I'm playing around with the Boost library, www.boost.org, at the
4 > moment and the question is in relation to it but the question also
5 > applies to other libraries I've played around with, where are the
6 > examples and doco kept?
7 >
8 > I can't seem to find the Boost example source code anywhere. I
9 > also can't find the doco that comes with Boost. Is there a default
10 > location that ebuilds should drop examples and doco when dealing with
11 > libraries such as Boost? Boost does not seem to have a USE flag that
12 > says "Install examples somewhere" so I'm at a bit of a loss as to
13 > where this stuff is?
14 >
15 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
16 >
17 > Andrew
20 I don't know about the examples, but the doc useflag installs
21 documentation in /usr/share/doc/boost-<ver>
24 Nilesh Govindarajan
25 http://nileshgr.com