From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where's the examples?????
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:58:17
1 On Jan 1, 2012 9:49 PM, "Nilesh Govindarajan" <contact@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun 01 Jan 2012 08:12:30 PM IST, Andrew Lowe wrote:
4 > > Hi all,
5 > > I'm playing around with the Boost library, www.boost.org, at the
6 > > moment and the question is in relation to it but the question also
7 > > applies to other libraries I've played around with, where are the
8 > > examples and doco kept?
9 > >
10 > > I can't seem to find the Boost example source code anywhere. I
11 > > also can't find the doco that comes with Boost. Is there a default
12 > > location that ebuilds should drop examples and doco when dealing with
13 > > libraries such as Boost? Boost does not seem to have a USE flag that
14 > > says "Install examples somewhere" so I'm at a bit of a loss as to
15 > > where this stuff is?
16 > >
17 > > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
18 > >
19 > > Andrew
22 > I don't know about the examples, but the doc useflag installs
23 > documentation in /usr/share/doc/boost-<ver>
26 The examples are also placed there, usually in compressed form.
27
28 Rgds,