From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reverse Tethering - How to?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:01:06
1 On Thu, 18 September 2014, at 1:57 pm, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >> ...
3 >> My Android appears to allow networking over its USB connection in both
4 >> directions - I attach two screenshots.
5 >> ...
6 >
7 > Which phone is that?
8 >
9 > On my Galaxy S4, that option does not exist. Not even when connected via USB.
10
11 THL W200, a Chinese cheapie.
12
13 I would guess that its version of Android (4.2.1) is pretty vanilla.
14
15 I would also guess that there are apps to enable reverse tethering if it's commonly disabled or unavailable - if you can run TCP/IP over the USB cable one way, then it's only a network setting or two to run it the other way.
16
17 Stroller.