From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Summer laptop overheat
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 00:30:28
1 James Ausmus wrote:
2 > On 7/24/07, Marko Kociæ <marko.kocic@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> during this summer when temperatures are high, I noticed that my
6 >> laptop often (almost always) overheat when I try to emerge some
7 >> larger package (gcc, glibc, kernel, ...)
8 >>
9 >> This started happening some time ago, but was bearable until now. Now
10 >> I can't compile almost anything, my laptop just switch off.
11 >
12 > Try cleaning out the laptop vents with a can of compressed air - if
13 > you're beyond warranty (or it won't void your warranty), then open up
14 > all the covers on your laptop that you can, and get all the
15 > dirt/dust/lint blown out that you can.
16 >
17 > HTH-
18 >
19 > James
20
21 9 out of 10 times compressed air fixes this. I just impressed my cousin
22 last month with this $2.99 fix when he was looking for a much more
23 expensive and involved fix.
24
25 kashani
26 --