From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Summer laptop overheat
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 19:20:37
1 On 7/24/07, Marko Kociæ <marko.kocic@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > during this summer when temperatures are high, I noticed that my
5 > laptop often (almost always) overheat when I try to emerge some
6 > larger package (gcc, glibc, kernel, ...)
7 >
8 > This started happening some time ago, but was bearable until now. Now
9 > I can't compile almost anything, my laptop just switch off.
10
11 Try cleaning out the laptop vents with a can of compressed air - if
12 you're beyond warranty (or it won't void your warranty), then open up
13 all the covers on your laptop that you can, and get all the
14 dirt/dust/lint blown out that you can.
15
16 HTH-
17
18 James