From: "微蔡" <microcai@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] uefi gpt grub2
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 00:14:04
1 On Thursday 08 November 2012 13:53:22 Randolph Maaßen wrote:
2 > 2012/11/8 <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
3 >
4 > > Over the last few days I have tried to set up using uefi gpt and
5 grub2.
6 > > After many hours of frustration I have gone back to grub legacy
7 and mbr.
8 > >
9 > > I followed the Gentoo wiki and Arch wiki and several other
10 sources of
11 > > which I failed miserably. Is this technology fairly unreliable? I
12 booted
13 > > from a uefi enabled usb stick but still fell over. Is this ready for
14 > > mainstream or
15 > >
16 > > still alpha like?
17 > >
18 > > Also does ufibootmgr change motherboard firmware? Somehow
19 this feels
20 > > wrong if the case.
21 > >
22 > > John D Maunder
23 >
24 > Hi,
25 >
26 > I tried installing UEFI GPT too a few months ago, but I had a semi
27 success.
28 > After some days of fiddeling around with parameters and variables I
29 could
30 > boot the system, but I can't see the kernel output or open-rc. But the
31 X
32
33 built-in efifb and add video=efifb to kernel command line.
36 > loads and the system works after that like normal, but without the
37 textual
38 > ttys. terminal emulations like xterm or so work. So I would install it
39 > again, but it isn't as easy as thought.
40 --
42 < gentoo rocks >
44 \ ^__^
48 || ||