From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flash versions
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:32:29
1 2011/1/26 Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>:
2 > My seamonkey says it has
3 > Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102.  Her computer claims Shockwave Flash 6.0 r81.
4 > We each have the same version of adobe-flash installed, with the exact
5 > same USE flags.   We both use the same version of seamonkey.  So why is
6 > my flash plugin version higher, and how can I get hers as high?
7
8 If you both have the same version of the adobe-flash package, then
9 it's crystal clear that there must be some other version of the plugin
10 that's interfering. Probably something that one of you installed by
11 hand, either globally or locally (on her home folder). This is one of
12 the reasons why I would advice against the advice someone gave you
13 above. Installing things by hand is not a good thing if you plan to
14 forget about them as the time passes by.
15
16 What I'd do.
17
18 First make sure you don't have installed some other flash plugin via
19 portage, check that swfdec, lightspark and/or gnash are not installed.
20 If they are, uninstall them. After that, use this command to see where
21 your plugin lives and if there's some other in some alternative place:
22
23 $ locate libflashplayer.so
24
25 Ask here if you are not sure about the output. Also, note that there
26 can be plugins installed locally under ~/, so if after the above you
27 can't still find the 6.x plugin that's causing the mess it might be a
28 good idea to run something like
29
30 $ find $HOME -name libflashplayer.so
31