From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage being silly with kernel sources
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 20:58:47
1 On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 1:57 PM Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > I too stick to stable sources, partly for the reason you give, partly to
4 > avoid excessive reboots and partly because some systems use ZFS.
5 >
6 > % cat /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/kernel
7 > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources -~amd64
8 > sys-kernel/linux-headers -~amd64
9 >
10 > Works for me.
11
12 Uh, that will pull unstable kernels, at least as far as Gentoo is
13 concerned. They're basically all stable as far as upstream is
14 concerned.
15
16 I also run zfs just about everywhere so I tend to stick to longterm
17 kernels. I just pull them directly from git - there is a stable repo
18 and a branch for every longterm, so all I need to do is a git pull and
19 I get the latest one. I tend to like to manage this myself on systems
20 where I'm using zfs, btrfs, or nvidia binary modules.
23 Rich