From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage being silly with kernel sources
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:47:19
1 On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 16:58:30 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > > I too stick to stable sources, partly for the reason you give, partly
4 > > to avoid excessive reboots and partly because some systems use ZFS.
5 > >
6 > > % cat /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords/kernel
7 > > sys-kernel/gentoo-sources -~amd64
8 > > sys-kernel/linux-headers -~amd64
9 > >
10 > > Works for me.
11 >
12 > Uh, that will pull unstable kernels, at least as far as Gentoo is
13 > concerned. They're basically all stable as far as upstream is
14 > concerned.
15
16 Not at all, it says "-~amd64" not "~amd64", removing the ~amd64 setting
17 that is used as default.
18
19 The latest kernel I have installed is 5.4.66, which is the latest:
20
21 % qlist -ICv gentoo-sources
22 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-5.4.66
23 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-5.4.60
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Sigh - An amplifier for people who suffer in silence