From: "Christopher E. Granade" <cgranade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with libstdc++.
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:13:55
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 23 September 2006 05:59, Christopher Granade wrote:
3 > [...]
4 >
5 >> /opt/skype/skype.bin: error while loading shared libraries:
6 >> libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
7 >>
8 >> I then ran revdep-rebuild to try and fix the problem, and it said that
9 >> that libstdc++.so.5 was broken, and that it would fix it. After
10 >> revdep-rebuild ran, I went back to run Skype again and got the same
11 >> error. Running revdep-rebuild a second time resulted in the exact same
12 >> output. Any ideas? Thanks.
15 > revdep-rebuild doesn't look at /opt (which is where binary stuff like skype is
16 > installed). Also remerging won't help since it's binary. It won't be
17 > recompiled since the source code isn't available.
18 >
19 > sys-libs/libstdc++-v3 provides libstdc++.so.5:
20 >
21 > # emerge -va sys-libs/libstdc++-v3
24 Running this command reveals that libstdc++-v3 was already emerged. I
25 reemerged anyway, and the error persists. Thank you for the help, but it
26 seems that there's something else wrong. Is this a problem with amd64?
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list