From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems with libstdc++.
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 04:33:27
1 On Saturday 23 September 2006 05:59, Christopher Granade wrote:
2 [...]
3 > /opt/skype/skype.bin: error while loading shared libraries:
4 > libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
5 >
6 > I then ran revdep-rebuild to try and fix the problem, and it said that
7 > that libstdc++.so.5 was broken, and that it would fix it. After
8 > revdep-rebuild ran, I went back to run Skype again and got the same
9 > error. Running revdep-rebuild a second time resulted in the exact same
10 > output. Any ideas? Thanks.
11
12 revdep-rebuild doesn't look at /opt (which is where binary stuff like skype is
13 installed). Also remerging won't help since it's binary. It won't be
14 recompiled since the source code isn't available.
15
16 sys-libs/libstdc++-v3 provides libstdc++.so.5:
17
18 # emerge -va sys-libs/libstdc++-v3
21 Bo Andresen