From: jarry@×××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} web/mail server as nameserver
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 10:53:24
1 Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
2
3 > > Would you use djbdns for this?
4 >
5 > It would be a more secure choice than bind :)
6
7 Well, I do not know djbdns well so I can not compare djbdns/bind,
8 but I think bind security is not so bad: it can run as non-root
9 user now, moreover bind supports chrooting "right out the box".
10
11 Poor security of bind is imho similar superstition as it is
12 for sendmail: once in the past this software had some problem,
13 so now a lot of people think they should forever avoid using it...
14
15 Jarry
16 --
17 Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten
18 Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list