From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Best video player
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:30:54
1 On Tuesday 15 Nov 2005 11:30 pm, James wrote:
2 > Why does one need to set the flag 'wxwindows' for use on a gentoo(KDE)
3 > system?
4 >
5 > I've recently installed vlc and I'm reading the scant documentation
6 > on setting it up and getting it to read various video streams from
7 > different sources. Any light you can shed, or locations of documentation
8 > on VLC is appreciated.
9 wxwindows is required to enable vlc's GUI. If you don't set that flag, you
10 don't get a GUI.
11
12 To know about the recommended USE flags for VLC, look here
13 http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-gentoo.html
14
15 Abhay