From: Hiren Dave <hiren2k4@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sendmail virtusertable
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 06:41:43
1 Hi Jarry,
2
3 Thanks a lot for your time in solving my problem. I now understand the
4 concept of virtusertable.
5
6 TnR
7 Hiren
10 On 3/25/06, Jarry <jarry@×××.net> wrote:
11 >
12 > Hiren Dave wrote:
13 >
14 > > Here I have used yahoo.com domain but it can be any
15 > > domain lets say domain.com . My network is not
16 > > connected to Internet. Still do you think that the following
17 > > will not work if guru.com exists and domain.com
18 > > does not exists physically.
19 >
20 > If your domain is NOT connected to internet, how is your MTA
21 > (sendmail) gonna find which mailserver is authorised for
22 > "domain.com"? "domain.com" does not have to "exist", but there
23 > MUST be a nameserver, authorised for "domain.com"...
24 >
25 > In such a case, you must be sure, that your default nameserver
26 > (in resolv.conf) is authorised for guru.com AND domain.com
27 > (because as you said, your network is not connected to internet)
28 > and that it has MX-record in zone-files for both domains pointing
29 > to server1.guru.com.
30 >
31 > I recommend that you start checking your nameserver first, with
32 > "dig any domain.com", for example, or nslookup. In the answer there
33 > must be something like "domain.com. IN MX 10 server1.guru.com."
34 > If you do not get it, your nameserver is misconfigured, and
35 > your MTA (sendmail) does not know where to deliver mail
36 > for domain.com.
37 >
38 > Once more:
39 > 1. nameserver authorised for a certain domain (e.g. domain.com)
40 > defines WHERE mail for this domain should be delivered
41 > 2. virtusertable maps virtual users to local mailboxes.
42 > But just adding entry in virtusertable does not mean your
43 > mailserver will get mail for that virtual user/domain...
44 >
45 > And one more thing, there should be some entries in logs,
46 > if your mail can not be delivered. If necessary, increase
47 > log levels for bind/sendmail to get more info...
48 >
49 > Jarry
50 >
51 > BTW, could you please turn off that html-garbage?
52 > --
53 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list