From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sendmail virtusertable
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 13:33:11
1 Hiren Dave wrote:
2
3 > Here I have used yahoo.com domain but it can be any
4 > domain lets say domain.com . My network is not
5 > connected to Internet. Still do you think that the following
6 > will not work if guru.com exists and domain.com
7 > does not exists physically.
8
9 If your domain is NOT connected to internet, how is your MTA
10 (sendmail) gonna find which mailserver is authorised for
11 "domain.com"? "domain.com" does not have to "exist", but there
12 MUST be a nameserver, authorised for "domain.com"...
13
14 In such a case, you must be sure, that your default nameserver
15 (in resolv.conf) is authorised for guru.com AND domain.com
16 (because as you said, your network is not connected to internet)
17 and that it has MX-record in zone-files for both domains pointing
18 to server1.guru.com.
19
20 I recommend that you start checking your nameserver first, with
21 "dig any domain.com", for example, or nslookup. In the answer there
22 must be something like "domain.com. IN MX 10 server1.guru.com."
23 If you do not get it, your nameserver is misconfigured, and
24 your MTA (sendmail) does not know where to deliver mail
25 for domain.com.
26
27 Once more:
28 1. nameserver authorised for a certain domain (e.g. domain.com)
29 defines WHERE mail for this domain should be delivered
30 2. virtusertable maps virtual users to local mailboxes.
31 But just adding entry in virtusertable does not mean your
32 mailserver will get mail for that virtual user/domain...
33
34 And one more thing, there should be some entries in logs,
35 if your mail can not be delivered. If necessary, increase
36 log levels for bind/sendmail to get more info...
37
38 Jarry
39
40 BTW, could you please turn off that html-garbage?
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list