From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I inactivate the anachronism called CAPSLOCK on X?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:11:41
1 On 04/05/2011 01:27 PM, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > I bought a $5 keyboard that was not bad, but the layout had "sleep",
3 > "wake", "power" keys between the Del/End/PgDn row and the arrow keys.
4 > In Linux, of course, the keys didn't actually do anything, but
5 > physically they still annoyed me because there should not be keys
6 > there! So I remove them with a screwdriver. :)
7 >
8 > I can't imagine using it if those keys actually shutdown the machine.
9 > Such a horrible placement.
10
11 I have this brain-dead HP keyboard that has this:
12
13 +----+ +-----+
14 |Ins | |Pause|
15 +----+ +-----+
16
17 +----+ +-----+
18 |Home| | End |
21 | | |PgUp |
23 |Del | +-----+
24 | | |PgDn |
26
27 above the direction keys. It's such a PITA...keep away.