From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I inactivate the anachronism called CAPSLOCK on X?
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 20:28:59
1 On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 04/05/2011 12:55 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> On 2011-04-05, meino.cramer@×××.de <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
4 >> Here's what I use in my xorg.conf to turn "caps-lock" into a "ctrl"
5 >> key:
6 >
7 > Here's what I use:
8 >
9 > screwdriver
10
11 I bought a $5 keyboard that was not bad, but the layout had "sleep",
12 "wake", "power" keys between the Del/End/PgDn row and the arrow keys.
13 In Linux, of course, the keys didn't actually do anything, but
14 physically they still annoyed me because there should not be keys
15 there! So I remove them with a screwdriver. :)
16
17 I can't imagine using it if those keys actually shutdown the machine.
18 Such a horrible placement.