From: Chris Gottbrath <gottbrath@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot] PDF or PS format for daily use?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:54:55
1 I am not 100% sure but I seem to recall someone telling me that pdfs
2 embed any fonts that are used, whereas ps files expect the fonts in
3 question to be on the machine that you look at the ps file with. This
4 could be a strong argument in favor of pdf files if you are sending the
5 files to others.
6
7 Does anyone know if that is correct or if I am remembering wrong?
8
9 >Here comes the question: if the above all stands true, why do I ever need PS
10 >format at all? There might be some reasons to keep this format still
11 >existing. Perhaps in other areas, other then office work.
12 >
13 >So the conclusion: for typical office workers, we can forget PS format.
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list