From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [ot] PDF or PS format for daily use?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 00:22:05
1 On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:58:10 -0500
2 Chris Gottbrath wrote:
3
4 > I am not 100% sure but I seem to recall someone telling me that pdfs
5 > embed any fonts that are used, whereas ps files expect the fonts in
6 > question to be on the machine that you look at the ps file with. This
7 > could be a strong argument in favor of pdf files if you are sending the
8 > files to others.
9 >
10 > Does anyone know if that is correct or if I am remembering wrong?
11
12 Certainly it is possible to embed all the fonts in a pdf, and this is
13 often a good idea. It's not always the default though. How you do it
14 will probably depend which tool/library you are using to produce the
15 .pdf.
16
17 I am not sure if font embedding is possible in a .ps document.
21 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list