From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network driver
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:38:42
1 On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, John Dangler wrote:
2
3 > With the laptop base build running, I took my old file server (P3 running
4 > old m$) and decided to convert this to a test server for web dev. I just
5 > went with a stage 3 and genkernel (never tried this before), and the basics
6 > went fine. I'm up to chap 7.e (looking for .ko), and I need to make sure
7 > that the nic comes up on reboot. The card is a Linksys NC100
8 > (NetworkEverywhere) card. From what I've read googling and such -
9 > a) I couldn't find a driver, except for win (network-drivers.com)
10 > b) I think the windows wrapper is tulip, but am not sure
11 >
12 > One of the google threads I found talked about someone using 'tulip', and
13 > another part of that thread mentioned ndiswrappers.
14 >
15 > I would like to think that coldplug and the genkernel way of compiling
16 > would just 'see' the nic card and come up, but I've been wrong before
17 > about that. Any input is appreciated.
18
19 What happens if you do
22 modprobe tulip
25 ???