From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] network driver
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:11:59
1 With the laptop base build running, I took my old file server (P3 running
2 old m$) and decided to convert this to a test server for web dev. I just
3 went with a stage 3 and genkernel (never tried this before), and the basics
4 went fine. I'm up to chap 7.e (looking for .ko), and I need to make sure
5 that the nic comes up on reboot. The card is a Linksys NC100
6 (NetworkEverywhere) card. From what I've read googling and such -
7 a) I couldn't find a driver, except for win (network-drivers.com)
8 b) I think the windows wrapper is tulip, but am not sure
9
10 One of the google threads I found talked about someone using 'tulip', and
11 another part of that thread mentioned ndiswrappers.
12
13 I would like to think that coldplug and the genkernel way of compiling would
14 just 'see' the nic card and come up, but I've been wrong before about that.
15 Any input is appreciated.
16
17 (I also have an ATI video card in here [Radeon RT100 QY (Radeon 7000 VE), so
18 if there's some similar homework I need to do on this one, please share)
19
20 John D
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list