From: Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network driver
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:59:15
1 John Dangler wrote:
2
3 >With the laptop base build running, I took my old file server (P3 running
4 >old m$) and decided to convert this to a test server for web dev. I just
5 >went with a stage 3 and genkernel (never tried this before), and the basics
6 >went fine. I'm up to chap 7.e (looking for .ko), and I need to make sure
7 >that the nic comes up on reboot. The card is a Linksys NC100
8 >(NetworkEverywhere) card. From what I've read googling and such -
9 >a) I couldn't find a driver, except for win (network-drivers.com)
10 >b) I think the windows wrapper is tulip, but am not sure
11 >
12 >One of the google threads I found talked about someone using 'tulip', and
13 >another part of that thread mentioned ndiswrappers.
14 >
15 >I would like to think that coldplug and the genkernel way of compiling would
16 >just 'see' the nic card and come up, but I've been wrong before about that.
17 >Any input is appreciated.
18 >
19 >(I also have an ATI video card in here [Radeon RT100 QY (Radeon 7000 VE), so
20 >if there's some similar homework I need to do on this one, please share)
21 >
22 >John D
30 I should have added this to my last post. For your radeon card, use the
31 radeon driver in xorg.conf
34 Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
35 Westbank, B. C
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list