From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] network driver
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:39:06
1 I am currently at Chap 7 from the handbook... nowhere near X yet. I have
2 the basic system installed, and am nearing the reboot. I'm trying to find
3 out what I need to have in modules.autoload.d ...
4
5 John D
6
7 -----Original Message-----
8 From: Ted Ozolins [mailto:ted1@×××××.net]
9 Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:45 AM
10 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
11 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] network driver
12
13 John Dangler wrote:
14
15 >With the laptop base build running, I took my old file server (P3 running
16 >old m$) and decided to convert this to a test server for web dev. I just
17 >went with a stage 3 and genkernel (never tried this before), and the basics
18 >went fine. I'm up to chap 7.e (looking for .ko), and I need to make sure
19 >that the nic comes up on reboot. The card is a Linksys NC100
20 >(NetworkEverywhere) card. From what I've read googling and such -
21 >a) I couldn't find a driver, except for win (network-drivers.com)
22 >b) I think the windows wrapper is tulip, but am not sure
23 >
24 >One of the google threads I found talked about someone using 'tulip', and
25 >another part of that thread mentioned ndiswrappers.
26 >
27 >I would like to think that coldplug and the genkernel way of compiling
28 would
29 >just 'see' the nic card and come up, but I've been wrong before about that.
30 >Any input is appreciated.
31 >
32 >(I also have an ATI video card in here [Radeon RT100 QY (Radeon 7000 VE),
33 so
34 >if there's some similar homework I need to do on this one, please share)
35 >
36 >John D
44 I should have added this to my last post. For your radeon card, use the
45 radeon driver in xorg.conf
48 Ted Ozolins(VE7TVO)
49 Westbank, B. C
52 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list