From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] network driver
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:29:34
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: John Dangler [mailto:jdangler@××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 25 August 2005 16:59
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] network driver
8 > I am currently at Chap 7 from the handbook... nowhere near X
9 > yet. I have
10 > the basic system installed, and am nearing the reboot. I'm
11 > trying to find
12 > out what I need to have in modules.autoload.d ...
13
14 Anything compiled as a module <M> when you configured your kernel. Run
15 the find command as the handbook suggests to find out what's compiled as
16 a module. Only add those modules you want/need into your
17 module.autoload.d/ You can always adjust the contents according to your
18 needs and preferences at a later stage. It is usually better to
19 manually run modprobe first and keep an eye on dmesg to ensure that each
20 module loads without problems. Don't forget to run # modules-update
21 before you reboot.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick