From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: avidemux
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 08:07:38
1 On 27 July 2006 22:46, Harm Geerts wrote:
2 > On Thursday 27 July 2006 22:47, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > Hi folks,
4 > >
5 > > while saving an edited MPEG2 file, avidemux ate tens of GB under /home. I
6 > > can't find that/those temporary files. Anybody in the know where it
7 > > stores them? It definitely isn't under /tmp or /var/tmp. It's under /home
8 > > and presumebly under my home directory but "find . -size +1G -print" in
9 > > my home directory didn't reveal anything.
10 > >
11 > > It must have eaten about 30GB, but where? Anybody?
12 >
13 > If you started avidemux from within your desktop environment you might want
14 > to check ~/.xsession-errors
15 > I've seen this file grow very large in the past.
16
17 Yeah, I saw that. It was about 36G, and I removed it. Still the harddisk
18 remained full. What I did not take into account was that that file was still
19 open. So it didn't get erased from the harddrive. Logging out and in again
20 solved the problem.
21
22 Stupid me!
23
24 On the other hand, this kind of behaviour makes avidemux unusable.
25
26 Uwe
29 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
30 http://www.SysEx.com.na
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list