From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT router advice] a router capable of detailed logs
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:54:19
1 "W.Kenworthy" <billk@×××××××××.au> writes:
2
3 > I have this device and am using Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std
4 > - its been totally stable since I dumped the buffalo firmware. My son
5 > plays windoze online games and I often move large files around as well
6 > as stream mythtv across it - no problems at all. Until I started
7 > powering the systems down at night (power charges went up :) it would
8 > stay up for over a month at a time and it was never a crash as to why it
9 > was restarted - usually power, or reconfiguration.
10
11 Sorry to bug you again after already asking about logs, but I'm having
12 trouble really telling much about the system at dd-wrt.com/wiki.
13
14 Can you set it up so that logs are mailed rather than sent to syslog?