From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GUI for LVM?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 05:51:10
1 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Is there a GUI in portage for managing an LV? Fedora etc have
3 > system-config-lvm but I cant find anything for gentoo.
4 >
5 > (the commandline tools are good, but this is something where I want a
6 > visual check before in case I am assuming something thats wrong).
7 >
8 > BillK
12 Well, webmin is back in portage. There is also a new program called
13 kvpm that is in a overlay, kde overlay I think. No further info on that
14 since I don't have it installed. I just installed webmin and it is
15 there so that may help you.
16
17 If you go the webmin route, just emerge it, start the service, point
18 your browser to https://localhost:10000/ and look under the Hardware
19 link on the left. I can NOT say how stable this is or how well it
20 works. I just installed it again myself. I seem to recall it was not
21 maintained or something and got axed from portage. No idea when it came
22 back or anything. Just be careful until you can test it.
23
24 Maybe someone will pop up with another GUI too. Oh, it would be a good
25 idea to at least know the basics of the command line tools. What if one
26 day your LVM fails and you don't have a GUI? Just a thought. ;-)
27
28 Hope that helps.
29
30 Dale
31
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!