From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sshd won't restart on remote system
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:38:11
1 On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 >> >> If it doesn't start I'm locked out of the remote system.
8 >> >
9 >> > You may be interested in :
10 >> > /etc/init.d/sshd reload
11 >>
12 >> I get:
13 >>
14 >> # /etc/init.d/sshd reload
15 >> * Reloading sshd ...
16 >> No /usr/sbin/sshd found running; none killed. [ ok ]
19 > That is scary. Can you do equery f openssh, also do a simple ls
20 > /usr/sbin/sshd
21 >
22 > When is the last time you did an etc-update?
23 >
24 > I just checked on my system. sshd is in /usr/bin/sshd. Not sbin. You have
25 an outdated /etc/init.d/sshd file. You might need to etc-update, or
26 reinstall sshd and run etc-update afterwards