From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sshd won't restart on remote system
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 00:29:57
1 >>> >> If it doesn't start I'm locked out of the remote system.
2 >>> >
3 >>> > You may be interested in :
4 >>> > /etc/init.d/sshd reload
5 >>>
6 >>> I get:
7 >>>
8 >>> # /etc/init.d/sshd reload
9 >>> * Reloading sshd ...
10 >>> No /usr/sbin/sshd found running; none killed. [ ok ]
11 >>
12 >> That is scary. Can you do equery f openssh, also do a simple ls
13 >> /usr/sbin/sshd
14 >>
15 >> When is the last time you did an etc-update?
16 >>
17 > I just checked on my system. sshd is in /usr/bin/sshd. Not sbin. You have an
18 > outdated /etc/init.d/sshd file. You might need to etc-update, or reinstall
19 > sshd and run etc-update afterwards
20
21 Thanks for helping me out with this. I re-emerged openssh and now
22 sshd restarts just fine.
23
24 - Grant