From: mfyang <mfyang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: send mail to gentoo-user locally
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:24:03
1 On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 08:52:34PM +0100, Simon Kellett wrote:
2 > "Mingfeng Yang" <mfyang@×××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > > Postfix is installed in my local machine to deliver mails locally
5 > > (mainly for sending me the system logs). Now my problem is: the mail
6 > > sent out by postfix (sendmail) is always get rejected by the mailing
7 > > lists, though I set "my_hdr From: mfyang <mfyang@×××××.com>" in
8 > > muttrc.
9 >
10 > Do you send outgoing mail via a "smart host" ? If not then is there
11 > somewhere like postman@×××××.com that will authenticate you and the pass
12 > your email on ?
13 Thank you, very useful information!
14 >
15 > Otherwise you will get blocked because you could be anyone, with any
16 > faked headers, especially if you are on dial-up.
17 >
18 > --
19 > Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
20 > Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
21 >
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 --