From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: send mail to gentoo-user locally
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 19:57:52
1 "Mingfeng Yang" <mfyang@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Postfix is installed in my local machine to deliver mails locally
4 > (mainly for sending me the system logs). Now my problem is: the mail
5 > sent out by postfix (sendmail) is always get rejected by the mailing
6 > lists, though I set "my_hdr From: mfyang <mfyang@×××××.com>" in
7 > muttrc.
8
9 Do you send outgoing mail via a "smart host" ? If not then is there
10 somewhere like postman@×××××.com that will authenticate you and the pass
11 your email on ?
12
13 Otherwise you will get blocked because you could be anyone, with any
14 faked headers, especially if you are on dial-up.
17 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
18 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list