From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] dial-up, switching isp's and other thoughts.
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:54:29
1 On Friday 12 September 2008 09:39:25 Dale wrote:
2 > So Gmail has free POP access?  I like to keep my email locally like I do
3 > with AT&T.  So far I have saved almost 27,000 emails from this list
4 > alone.  I'm a pack rat.  LOL
5
6 gmail has pop - you can leave the mails on the srever, remove them.
7 imap - leave them there, shift them off to the local machine.
8
9 it's all good it all works. I use the method you do - pop it off google's
10 servers and read it locally. Except I'm ruthless with deleting mail - stuff
11 gets nuked after 14 days and after that I use google to find a thread on an
12 archive somewhere
15 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com