From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] dial-up, switching isp's and other thoughts.
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:04:35
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Friday 12 September 2008 09:39:25 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> So Gmail has free POP access? I like to keep my email locally like I do
5 >> with AT&T. So far I have saved almost 27,000 emails from this list
6 >> alone. I'm a pack rat. LOL
9 > gmail has pop - you can leave the mails on the srever, remove them.
10 > imap - leave them there, shift them off to the local machine.
11 >
12 > it's all good it all works. I use the method you do - pop it off google's
13 > servers and read it locally. Except I'm ruthless with deleting mail - stuff
14 > gets nuked after 14 days and after that I use google to find a thread on an
15 > archive somewhere
20 I just set it up. I haven't been on gmail in a long while. I'm glad my
21 password manager remembered the password. Anyway, after checking on the
22 website and finding the instructions and settings, it was a breeze. I'm
23 soooo glad I asked for advise here. I had no clue GMail had this for
24 free. What's up with Yahoo? Last I saw they charge for this.
25
26 Now to go test sending emails. I have never done that with anything but
27 my ISP before. If I disappear for a few days, I screwed it up bad.
28 LOL For future reference, my gmail is rdalek1967@×××××.com just in case
29 you see a nut posting with that email address.
30
31 Thanks again.
32
33 Dale