From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to update dependency cache for emerge?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:00:00
1 On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:26:43 +0200
2 Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > It works here, perhaps try to sync again. The metadacache will be synced
5 > with the ebuilds.
6
7 Erm, I think whole point of "metadata-transfer" is to get the raw
8 metadata and not to use pre-generated cache, am I wrong here?
9
10 Furthermore, I don't sync the machine (actually several machines) in
11 question via rsync, but use "emerge --sync" ability to pull PORTDIR
12 from a git repository, which doesn't contain any caches, since machines
13 that pull from there can have different overlays plugged in.
14
15 And so original post starts from here - I want to generate the cache,
16 not just transfer the one from vanilla portage.
19 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net