From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to update dependency cache for emerge?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:44:11
1 Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:26:43 +0200
3 > Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> wrote:
4 >
5 >> It works here, perhaps try to sync again. The metadacache will be synced
6 >> with the ebuilds.
7 >
8 > Erm, I think whole point of "metadata-transfer" is to get the raw
9 > metadata and not to use pre-generated cache, am I wrong here?
10 >
11 > Furthermore, I don't sync the machine (actually several machines) in
12 > question via rsync, but use "emerge --sync" ability to pull PORTDIR
13 > from a git repository, which doesn't contain any caches, since machines
14 > that pull from there can have different overlays plugged in.
15 >
16 > And so original post starts from here - I want to generate the cache,
17 > not just transfer the one from vanilla portage.
18 >
19 Then you are right with egencache --repo=gentoo --update.
20 If there is still a problem, take a look into the ebuilds and the cache
21 if the dependencies are named correctly.