From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 20:20:26
1 On 2010-07-03 6:55 AM, Mick wrote:
2 >> Before TB implemented Reply-To-List, I preferred lists that munged
3 >> the Reply-To, but no longer.
4
5 > Sometimes I receive a personal email response to a message that I
6 > have posted to the list. This seems to happen because the person
7 > that kindly responded has for some reason cc'd me in the reply. If I
8 > try to reply to it the post will not go to the list, but the person
9 > that emailed me. Pressing 'l' in kmail just brings up an empty to
10 > field. This seems to happen only with some replies. Will keep an
11 > eye out for it to see if it is consistent.
12
13 It apparently only happens when someone hits 'Reply All' instead of
14 Reply_to_List - and then if you have your list preference (at least in
15 mailman) set to not receive duplicates, you will only get the personal
16 reply...
17
18 Irritating, I know... but it is pointless to complain about it, I just
19 deal with whatever I get silently and worry about more important things,
20 like who we should be hanging for this BP Oil disaster...