From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 10:55:51
1 On Friday 02 July 2010 15:00:10 Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2010-07-01 8:54 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
3 > > I'm often stucked by the current policy in this mailing list changing
4 > > the 'Reply-To' header to the mailing list address. Most mailing lists I
5 > > use don't do that.
6 > >
7 > > It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy
8 >
9 > -10 this is plain wrong...
10 >
11 > Use a mail client that has 'Reply-To-List' function.
12 >
13 > Thunderbird's works very well no, so there is an excellent
14 > cross-platform mail client available that implements this functionality...
15 >
16 > > as it permit to be notified of an answer without having to track the
17 > > whole mailing list.
18 > >
19 > > What do you think about changing of policy?
20 >
21 > +1, but not for the same reasons...
22 >
23 > Before TB implemented Reply-To-List, I preferred lists that munged the
24 > Reply-To, but no longer.
25
26 Sometimes I receive a personal email response to a message that I have posted
27 to the list. This seems to happen because the person that kindly responded
28 has for some reason cc'd me in the reply. If I try to reply to it the post
29 will not go to the list, but the person that emailed me. Pressing 'l' in
30 kmail just brings up an empty to field. This seems to happen only with some
31 replies. Will keep an eye out for it to see if it is consistent.
32 --
33 Regards,
34 Mick