From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:00:35
1 On 2010-07-01 8:54 PM, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:
2 > I'm often stucked by the current policy in this mailing list changing
3 > the 'Reply-To' header to the mailing list address. Most mailing lists I
4 > use don't do that.
5 >
6 > It is usually better and prefer the "answer to all" policy
7
8 -10 this is plain wrong...
9
10 Use a mail client that has 'Reply-To-List' function.
11
12 Thunderbird's works very well no, so there is an excellent
13 cross-platform mail client available that implements this functionality...
14
15 > as it permit to be notified of an answer without having to track the
16 > whole mailing list.
17 >
18 > What do you think about changing of policy?
19
20 +1, but not for the same reasons...
21
22 Before TB implemented Reply-To-List, I preferred lists that munged the
23 Reply-To, but no longer.