From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What gives with all these file collisions?
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2017 07:05:56
1 On Thu, 1 Jun 2017 23:32:55 -0700
2 Willie M <matthews.willie80@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I am sure you can use the FEATURES to ignore collisions. It has been
5 > awhile but I am sure it is still there.
6
7 Disabling collisions detections is not really good advice, as it can
8 lead to real problems and break your system.
9
10 Then again, just pasting lists to RM is not smart either.
11
12 Better to work out *why* there's a collision first.
13
14 In the example the user posted, they're installing kde-apps/k3b:5 on
15 top of kde-apps/k3b:4
16
17 Those packages should block against each other in some way if they
18 install the same files.
19
20 This sort of stuff happens if you're running ~arch, and is usually
21 grounds for a bug.